EDI system set up

Sally Murphy

Question

Hi - we have been advised to set up an EDI ordering system on our website for grocery buyers. We are on Shopify, which has a standard plug-in for EDI but our web developer is asking what it connects to. Our co-packer says it should connect to an e-commerce fulfillment center which we haven't used yet. Orders come in over the website and we email them out using the Stamps.com system that is integrated into our site. The products are packed and stored at our co-packer. 

Does anyone know what the EDI system should connect to? Or have an example they can share?

thank you!

Sally Murphy

1 answer to this question

Sally - we have two different EDI integration to ShipStation (which is then integrated to our Quick Books platform) so the team is alerted to new POs as they come in and they can get approved an pushed to the fulfillment center. 

It has been set up for a few years and I'm not sure any of our team members that set up are still here, but hopefully that provides a little bit more info!

If you have follow-up questions, let me know and I can definitely reach out to our team. 

~ Patti