NYC Requires Vaccine for Indoor Dining

Julie Gallagher

Question

8 answers to this question

Guest Bianca

I think a lot of people are going to be irritated and get frustrated about this mandate. Being the employee and having to ask it of everyone, every time is like not honoring their wishes to do what they want about other vaccinations. Being a customer though, I can understand the frustration with having to carry around the card and pulling it out before even ordering or maybe even going into a location can be frustrating - it will be like when you left your house and forgot to bring or put on your mask! I think it will continue to force people to stay home, be secluded and not even want to try and get past what is going on. It is truly sad. 

Guest Deanna Fischer

I am traveling in Europe right now and must show my vaccination card or proof of recovery or negative test when I sit down in an indoor restaurant. It is absolutely painless and simple (especially with a vaccination card) and I don’t think much training is required.

I know it seems complicated before implementation, but having seen it in action I can say that it is doable.

Guest Matthew

I will never eat indoors in a restaurant that does not enforce a vaccine mandate.  It is completely insane that unvaccinated people should be allowed into small spaces together and with vaccinated people.  The science is clear.  The pandemic will only be over when everyone is vaccinated.

Guest Guest David

I personally will vote with my dollars everyday and dine on Long Island where they don't follow these rules. This is DeBlasio's final nail in New York City's coffin. 

On 8/13/2021 at 5:56 PM, Guest Guest David said:

I personally will vote with my dollars everyday and dine on Long Island where they don't follow these rules. This is DeBlasio's final nail in New York City's coffin. 

I agree 😇🙏👍✅

It’s ridiculous, I feel sorry for all restaurant employees, having to play enforcement police for the Mayor. Does being vaccinated now give me the right to eat?